Telephone: (+39) 0438 31598
Back in 1800, Dr. Giovanni Perini was the major of Borca di Cadore situated in the vicinity of Cortina. At that time, he and his brothers the engineer Aristide and the lawyer Giuliano decided to buy a few tens of hectares of lands and the marvelous Villa Veneta, originally built in the 18th century, on the hills of Conegliano Valdobbiadene and in the plains of Treviso.
Later on, his son Ernesto received the lands on the hills of Conegliano Valdobbiadene and mainly dedicated his craft to the production of silk. At that time, the family started producing and distributing wine (even for domestic use), that used to be stored in big oak barrels in the warehouse of today's barchessa.
Between the sixties and the seventies Ernesto Perini, with the help of his son Giovanni and his wife Bernadette Dorigo started to grub up and replace the old vineyards with new plants (mostly Prosecco) giving life to the Giovanni Perini Winery.
In the early seventies, Prosecco was made using the “Surlì” method by fermentation in bottles. Given the great success of the wine, Giovanni and his wife Bernadette realised the potential of the Prosecco vine, which values the tradition enhancing the territory.
A few years later, the modern technology of the “Charmat method” including, winemaking pressing implants, autoclaves for carbonic fermentation and bottling facility, was purchased and integrated becoming one of the first in the area. Another important contribution to the company's growth was brought by his daughter Paola and son Alberto. It's been Alberto who, given the market development, expanded the family business distributing Prosecco DOCG di Conegliano Valdobbiadene on a large scale internationally. The Perini family has recently renovated the entire production chain by purchasing an ultra-modern pressing and bottling system, that will allow the already superb production to reach a new level of excellence placing Perini San Giovanni among the most prestigious wines of Conegliano Valdobbiadene.